October 2020 to June 2021
71 lbs. gone!
I can’t believe it and yet I can! I worked my tail feather off to hit this next goal.
Tailfeather is off, LOL!
You know the closer you are to goal, the slower it seems the weight comes off? Well I learned A LOT! I mean A LOT! I learned a lot about me and I learned to have a lot more perseverance. When I started this postpartum journey I had 79 lbs. to lose. I broke it up into micro goals. In February, I set out to hit a weight loss goal of 40 lbs. I had already lost 30 lbs since having my daughter in October, but still 40 lbs. seemed like a long way to go.
This week I did not just hit my goal, I crushed it! And why? Well that’s what I want to share with you. I want to help you succeed and set you up for success!
February 2021 to June 2021
I think the hardest part of setting a goal is actually telling someone else. Why is that? Well for me, it’s the fear of the dreaded word FAILURE. I was terrified to speak this goal outloud, because what if I failed? I would look like a failure! But the flip side is, what if I SUCCEED? What if I hit the goal? Then others can be encouraged and others can realize they too have what it takes to achieve big goals.
With great trembling and fear, I spoke it outloud, I did not just tell my husband, nope! I declared it all over the place, lol, that being social media. This made me even more accountable to what I said and honestly very nervous! I am a person who when I say I will do something, you better believe I’m going to do it. It’s the way I’m wired. I’m wired for commitment and I am a very loyal person. This is why taking the steps to speak it out loud is so important. I had to decide I was ready to commit to making the changes I needed to make, take a deep look and start not just “knowing” what to do, but rather implementing! So that is exactly what I set out to do!
Once I spoke it into life, I put my plan into place and I did not just look at it, I began to execute the plan.
I broke it up into small mini goals. I tell my clients all the time to break things into micro goals, and then be willing to experiment. Well since February, I have been a walking science experiment, experimenting on myself. You see we are all unique and uniquely wired. So you have to be willing to try and experiment to see what works. I like 3’s. What does that mean? I like to give new things and experiments I try, 3 months. 3 months is long enough to see if something is working and yet short enough that it doesn’t feel like forever.
Did you know that when I started Trim Healthy Mama over 8 years ago, I didn’t tell a soul what I was doing. I wanted to try it for 3 months before I said a thing. That’s because I have done every diet under the sun and I want what I say to have credibility. I don’t say things I don’t stand behind. I can tell you whole heartily I stand behind Trim Healthy Mama!
Here is what I did to get the scale moving:
- Started walking as many days a week as I could.
- Started really focusing on separating my fuels. Before I was giving myself leeway, because I was nursing my sweet newborn. Well once she hit 3 months, I decided it was time to seperate. LOL Seperate fuels that is! I also watched my milk supply closely to make sure I wasn’t causing any issues. If I thought supply was low, I added in some of Rashida’s crossover Oatmeal cookies. Those are amazing!
- Started closing the kitchen at 8p.m. (I have not done this perfectly, but it is always my aim.)
- Started incorporating Suzanne Bowen’s barre workouts 3 times a week. This was amazing for target areas! I had no idea I could lose my butt in just a few months. Haha! Funny and very true!
- I did a 100 Mile walk challenge in May and just maintained my weight. Guess what I learned! I was walking too much! Yes truly I tell you, the second I walked less, and just focused on 3-4 barre workouts and spent the off days walking, the weight started moving again! Who knew!
- The biggest game changer? I started encorporating the peanut butter chocolate banana secret smoothie. There is magic in incorporating okra everyday! The scale was dropping nearly a pound a day! I could not believe my eyes!
- And of course I had my amazing THM Cheerleaders! In fact many of you have been cheering me on and their is no way I wanted to let you down. This is why it’s so important to find your tribe, get a coach, get support! Whatever you need to do! Do it for you!
What do I eat you ask? I’m so glad you asked! 😉
I have tried changing it up and incorporating all E’s all day with a light S or Deep S for dinner. Shaking up my meat sources, staying away from frankenfoods or aka “personal choice” items. I have been low to no dairy, avoiding it when possible. If you would have told me I would love this back in February, I would have told you, YOU CRAZY! I’m averaging 14-21 E meals a week. And loving all of them! No dry boring salad with chicken breast and apple. I’m having lucious salads and smoothies that taste like icecream. This is why I love THM, even eating more E’s I am feeling more energy, more stamina and learning to make my food bursting with flavor!
I am loving my meals. I love sharing them with you on my Instagram and facebook stories, as well as in my Cooking group. It’s so fun to get more creative and incorporate more E meals, while not losing the joy for S meals. I was stuck in a heavy S rut for a long time. Let’s face it, heavy S meals are sooooo good. But now that I am incorporating more E meals, the weight has been falling off, which is really incentivizing me to continue this experiment. I feel more energetic and I have found an amazing balance. I’m going to continue this pattern and see where it leads me, as it has not undergone my tried and true full 3 months, but by the end of the summer it will have taken my test! I can’t wait to see what results lie ahead for me.
Here is a recap with some helpful resources of what I am currently doing:
- E’s all day until Dinner
- Light or Deep S, really just being mindful of fats and how much I’m adding. Did you know you don’t have to have cheese on everything? Oh well maybe it’s just me who needed to learn that! Haha! In fact I ordered Chipotle without sourcream and cheese and it was AMAZING! I could not believe how delicious it was, the meat was bursting with flavor. I am also loving anything with avocado, so I do splurge and add fresh avocado slices or guacamole when I have my S meals. It takes it up a whole new level of deliciousness! (Yes I know avocado is not light or Deep S, but it is something I have been eating in my S meals, so being completely transparent!)
- No Frankenfoods, cough cough, I mean personal choice items. (I know your probably screaming at me through the computer, I’m sorry, don’t hate the messenger. I’m not saying you have to do this forever, but what if you did? What if your 40 lb. lighter self had to do this? Would it be worth it? Think about it. Just think it over. You are worth feeling good, and that one moment on your lips, is it really worth stealing and killing your lifelong goals?)
- Avoiding heavy S trap! I’m saving my heavy S for special occasions instead of daily occasions. I love heavy S, cheese, nuts, butter, more butter. But when is enough? I can always come up with a reason to have more butter. So I put up a boundary. I’m going to use my heavy S to celebrate those special moments that I preplan to celebrate.
- Eating FP or Deep S Desserts! Try them they may shock you! My latest favorite is decadent fuel pull chocolate fuel pull cupcakes with chocolate peanut butter frosting, ohhh my I’m drooling thinking about them.
Will this work for you?
There are no guarantee’s in life, but what I can guarantee is that if you try it, you will find out! And what if you find out that it works? That this is the way you too can incorporate Trim Healthy Mama and feel like a million bucks? Isn’t it worth a chance? Be a scientist. Put on your scientific hat and get to mixing up more E’s, less heavy S and setting some fun boundaries. This is not torture! Fruit is amazing! Focus on what you can have, instead of what you can’t have. I have found soooo many fp dressings I didn’t even know I would love! Step out of your comfort zone, and be ready to watch your body transform and change. You can be Trim and Healthy. How bad do you want it? Do you need help and support on your journey? Get accountability! Get Support!